Thursday 21 March 2013

Mother's day cards

Admittedly this post is a few weeks late, but here is a look at the two variations of Mother's Day cards I did this year. Both where designed around my new Bigz Birdhouse die from Sizzix.
 
 
The cards are a admittedly little on the 'twee' side of my usual work but I like to think the use of old book pages and distress inks help give it a more vintage look.

 
 
 
I gave my Mum the blue variation of this card and hand folded and cut the 'banner' for the sentiment using the border from the book page. I used the distress ink 'broken china' to accent the blue. It actually took the longest time to actually get the card started as I had soo many ideas and no clue of how to combine them into a coherent card, it probably didn't help that my craft time was limited to a 2 hour window one night after the kids where in bed and in the midst of all the other projects I have on the go, but I was determined to get them right and stayed up till midnight finsihing them.
 
 
 
The pink variation was destined for my Mother In Law, and despite arriving late due to misdirected mail was well received. The birdhouse is edged with 'Victorian Velvet' ink and I added a ribbon to the background of this card as for some reason it seemed to lack detail when compared to the blue. The butterflies are cut using woodware punches, and I added pearls and diamante for a bit of detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment